Dating Sites Are So Over... Try Mobile Dating!

Here we chat about Asian dating in general

Dating Sites Are So Over... Try Mobile Dating!

Postby Felix » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:36 am

I've been on Thai Love Links a few weeks and in that time, only 1 date.

Sheesh, what a bleeding waste of time!

So I've been checking out some of the mobile dating apps my friends have suggested I look at.

First up, WeChat.

This grew out of the Chinese QQ chat messaging application, and it's more popular in Asia than anywhere else. It's totally free to use, which is a big plus :D .

If you're going to visit any Asian country and want to meet girls, then this is a great thing to install on your smartphone!

Once installed you can basically see a list of men and/or women in your local area. They're ordered by how geographically close they are to you. Then you can send them messages and maybe hookup with them. This is just the thing in a hot Asian country when you can't be arsed to walk 2 km to meet a girl!

I've also found it works really well in a city like Bangkok. Thai Love Links is effectively useless in Bangkok because the city is so big and such a pain in the ass to get around that local dating is the way forward.

Any downsides to WeChat? Well it's not really a dating app and you don't really know how old the girls are you're chatting to. Hopefully they're not all 15yo's!!! And there's no guarantee that the girls you're interested in will speak English. Plus (in Thailand at least) it's full of ladyboys. Whether this is a good thing or not depends on your tastes :lol: !

I'll also warn you it's also full of bar girls seeking clients, so be careful who you date through this app.

Kind of wish I could go to China and test WeChat out - it must be awesome for meeting Chinese girls!

Here's WeChat in action, showing me all the girls in my local area:

Any wife material? I'm not so sure about that, but there's plenty of ladyboys and fun girls :roll: .
Is it worth going to live in a foreign country? Maybe you'd just be HappierBackHome!
Felix

Cash on hand: 3,757.00
Bank: 3,528.00

Skout - Mobile Asian Dating

Postby Felix » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:55 am

WeChat is good if you're interested in dating Asian girls and just happen to be in Asia.

But there are also a whole load of other dating and social apps out there.

My buddy recommended I also try Skout.

Skout works on smartphones like my Samsung:

Load it up and you can find men and/or women in your local area.

Well it's full of attention whores, but I guess it could be worthwhile if you want a short term fling. Certainly if you're going to the Phillies or Thailand to meet bar girls then this app could be useful.

I kind of worry about my girlfriend or (god forbid) wife becoming addicted to these type of apps though!

I've not used Skout too much but I think if you're after ladyboy dating action then WeChat offers better possibilities. Certainly when I logged into WeChat on a Monday morning there were plenty of ladyboys to choose from.
Is it worth going to live in a foreign country? Maybe you'd just be HappierBackHome!
Felix

Re: Dating Sites Are So Over... Try Mobile Dating!

Postby Steve » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:20 am

tks - I'll give these a try.
Steve

Cash on hand: 0.00

Postby Felix » Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:13 am

Steve wrote:tks - I'll give these a try.

Yeah, they're pretty neat.

I've now ditched Skout - I just didn't like it.

WeChat is great. I've met a couple of ladies in real life now after befriending them on WeChat.

On the downside, you're never quite sure who you're going to meet :roll: . I met one lady who spoke no English and turned out to be a lot older than I expected. Darn those airbrushed photos!

The other girl turned out to be, well, I'm still not entirely sure. Definitely not a bar girl, but maybe some kind of freelancer who swaps sexy times for money. Maybe the type of girl who isn't a bar girl or a good girl, but maybe something in between.

WeChat is also proving a good place to find freelance hookers, that's for sure! If you want that kind of thing then install this app. And in Thailand WeChat is also very popular with ladyboys. Most of these are inevitably single.
Felix

Skouting For Thai Girls

Postby Felix » Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:50 am

I've put Skout back on my mobile phone.

This time I made more progress and met a lady I found on Skout. She was very nice, and a real find. Her personality was great, and not the usual attention whore or slut that normally roam these types of hookup apps. Sadly she wasn't The One, so I didn't schedule a second date :( .

Anyway, give Skout a go as I believe it works in most cities. I didn't see many Guangzhou ladies on it though, so maybe WeChat would be better in China.

The downside to Skout is that it has a fair number of spammers on there, who will hit on guys and send them messages about Gambling sites and shit :? .

This being Bangkok, invariably the hottest women on the app turn out to be hookers, and many of the less hot women are working in massage places of various levels of legit :lol: .

Skout is also useful - if a bit brutal - in assessing your own value in the "dating market". And you'll also see that hot ladies are POPULAR. If you want to date an 8, 9 or 10 then so do I and every other guy on the planet. So to date the hotties you'll have to work on your game, or man up, or get your wallet out or something.

Of course the makers of Skout know that hot ladies are valuable to men, so you'll find that ladies attracting a lot of attention can't be sent messages if you're a free member of the service. I guess the good thing about this is that it forces guys to look at some of the less popular women on the site.

You'll invariably have more luck on Skout if you look for 6's and below, or look for some of the many 36+ aged women on the app.

What else? The app is annoying in that it bombards you with advertising. It is however about the quickest thing I've ever seen for looking through profiles. And of course being able to find women in your local area is great! So much better than Thai Love Links and the oh, so many ladies who claim to live in Bangkok but are often in Chiang Mai, or some village near the Laos border!

Finally I'll say that Skout is annoying in that few people seem to have their vital statistics on the their. So it's hard sometimes to even know how tall a woman is. The woman I met claimed to be 5' 8", but she had shrunk to 5' 6" by the time I actually met her :o .
Felix

Postby Kelvinray84 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:08 am

Yes!!! I have seen too many website are launching their mobile app. Maybe it is a good idea because most of the people spend more time on mobile.
Kelvinray84

Cash on hand: 262.00

Postby jacquelinemeng » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:18 am

If you want to go on mobile dating, you can try DateTix. It is an online dating app in Hong Kong which can help you find the best one that would suit your personality. It’s mobile friendly. Good luck!
jacquelinemeng

Cash on hand: 858.00

Postby star1marriage » Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:57 pm

for me better web site in computer, because in internet more better sites and more trust than in mobile app, easy use webcam chat, do not need upload on your phone many different app, more opportunities. For example, take this site star-marriage (com), he does not have a mobile application, but on the site a lot of interesting features and a large base. To use the phone through them fail.
Attachments

[The attachment png is a charge of (1.00 ALC Dollars), you do not have enough ALC Dollars!]

star1marriage

Cash on hand: 3,377.00

Postby Gladimeir15 » Wed May 04, 2016 2:27 pm

Amazing contribution of technology.... It does make our life comfortable and easy.... Even dating, they made it fast and simple.... Less hassle and baggage free :D :D :D :D
Gladimeir15

Cash on hand: 4,318.00

Return to Asian Dating Forum