Spotting Bar Girls on Dating Sites

Worried you're talking to a scammer? Discuss romance scams here

Should I Marry a Bar Girl?

Postby Felix » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:18 pm

Thinking of marrying a Thai bar girl/gogo dancer? This Stickman submission got a fair bit of interest in the community, not least from guys who thought the writer of the article was an idiot.

Anyway, read this and decide for yourself:

http://www.stickmanbangkok.com/ReadersSubmissions2014/reader8476.htm

This is the kind of response the submission generated from guys already living in Thailand, or who visit the place on a regular basis:

What can I say? ... It makes me wonder how these blokes made it anywhere in life...

:lol:
Is it worth going to live in a foreign country? Maybe you'd just be HappierBackHome!
Felix

Cash on hand: 3,757.00
Bank: 3,528.00

Re: Spotting Bar Girls on Dating Sites

Postby kano_in_asia » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:29 am

Chinese Scams

While you won't normally see Chinese girls on the usual websites [except those focused on Chinese] - I suspect because that group has terrible English and they can scam more locally, Chinese women do abuse the cultural norms to rip you off.

Essentially, in China, they equate love with money. If you love me, you will buy me expensive gifts, pay my rent, take care of my bills. It used to be a way for man to prove he was serious, but now it is weapon used by scammers to extort money.

For those interested in a relationship with a mainland Chinese woman, be aware of this scam. FURTHERMORE, even the good girls EXPECT you to buy them a HOUSE [or apartment]. I've had girls even expect a house AND a car. Also be aware that some will you see you only as a means to get a visa to the West.
kano_in_asia

Cash on hand: 1,979.00

Postby kano_in_asia » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:09 am

I have to disagree with several of the markers in the OP;

Bar girls often drink alcohol, whereas "good" Asian girls hardly ever drink, and certainly don't drink to get drunk. EVEN good girls will have A drink.
Bar girls will often say that they're unemployed, or have a home business. Sari-sari stores are a common 'home business, so that is not a good marker.
Bar girls tend to live in the larger cities with big entertainment industries, e.g. Bangkok, Pattaya, Cebu, Manila. This is a very sweeping generalization, and not true. Pattaya and Angeles City would be flag raisers, but not Manila, or Cebu.

Bar-girls usually work the night-shift, but to hide this, they will say they work in a call-centre [which has a high night shift duty roster] - ask for photos of her at work.
Bar-girls will have poorer English skills.
Bar-girls will wear more revealing outfits, and often have tattoos. If their photos appear sexy then that is a BIG flag.
Bar-girls won't discuss their work.
Bar-girls will use bar slang.
Bar-girls will disappear for periods of time - they have a client who has paid for the absence from the bar.
Bar-girls are more obsessed with gadgets and brand-names. If she has an iPhone 5, or a LV hand-bag then chances are it was gift from a client.
Bar-girls will flirt more and talk more abut sex.
Bar-girls will often ask for money.
kano_in_asia

Cash on hand: 1,979.00

Postby kingceltik » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:40 am

beware! there's a lot of gold diggers out there.. you need to know that girl first before rushing things up and marrying her.,
kingceltik

Cash on hand: 540.00

Postby otter899 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:42 am

Is these somehow a general checklist? I certainly disagree with your criteria mate.
otter899

Cash on hand: 552.00

Postby star1marriage » Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:02 pm

I want to learn to love men women present. Because only true love and feelings can bring joy in life))) We should respect each other.
Many men complain about women who need money and which they had been deceived, how you can communicate normally if you start a chat with a man in such a profile?
if you want to change something, start with yourself. I believe that this is true, when she wants to get money from a man who, instead of your photos, exhibits pictures of his penis and at the same time says that he should not write fakie. Although he fake.
Attachments

[The attachment jpg is a charge of (1.00 ALC Dollars), you do not have enough ALC Dollars!]

[The attachment jpg is a charge of (1.00 ALC Dollars), you do not have enough ALC Dollars!]

star1marriage

Cash on hand: 3,377.00

Previous

Return to Scams and Scammers