Listen Up... It's Now Harder to Get a Visa for China!

Want your new Asian partner to come live with you in your country? Here you can ask questions about visas and other issues.

Listen Up... It's Now Harder to Get a Visa for China!

Postby admin » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:34 am

So I had an unpleasant surprise the other day...

It's now harder to get a Visa to go and visit China. This is a warning for any guy who wants to find a Chinese bride!

China has certainly tightened restrictions, and they're probably aimed at stopping people coming to work in China illegally. So if you're hatching a plan to go teach English on some unofficial contract, then beware.

The issues I've experienced have been that you can't apply for a tourist visa without booking a flight or hotel first. Or at the very least, having some sort of paperwork to that effect.

It might also be possible to show a letter of invitation from somebody in China. However, I think this is only really of use if you already have family in China, or you're entering on a business visa.

Having to book flights and hotels before applying for a visa bothers me. What if they refuse your application? It's rare, but it could happen.

Chinese visas are also expensive - I've paid around $190 for mine.

So finding a Chinese wife can have extra costs you might not have thought about, plus there's added inconvenience.

It might also be harder to extend a visa to stay in China. Ways round this are studying in China, or finding a way of working there.

Alternatively the Philippines government will welcome you with open arms. It's not that difficult to get a 1 year visa to stay in the Philippines - just ask at your local embassy. Plus for shorter duration visits (often up to 21 days) you don't usually need a visa at all in order to visit. Much the same goes for Thailand!
Find love at Asian Love Connections. Join today to find your special somebody.

:D :) ;) :( :o :? 8-) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :roll: :idea: :arrow:
admin
Site Admin

Cash on hand: 15,750.00
Bank: 165.00

Re: Listen Up... It's Now Harder to Get a Visa for China!

Postby admin » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:52 pm

OK I now got my China visa. It took 3 goes to get the paperwork right before the travel company would pass it onto the visa processing facility.

Sadly most guys will have visa issues when visiting Asia, especially if you plan to want to spend more than 30 days in any one country.

You also need visas for Vietnam and China. The Philippines is fairly easy to visit, although the problem for me at least is that there are no direct flights to the Philippines from the UK. Thailand is also easy to visit, as you'll generally not need a visa. Japan is also good for a short visit, although if you want to find a Japanese wife you'll need plenty of cash due to the living costs in that country.

As always, check with your local embassies before you book a flight to any Asian country as visa regulations are complex to say the least.
Find love at Asian Love Connections. Join today to find your special somebody.

:D :) ;) :( :o :? 8-) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :roll: :idea: :arrow:
admin
Site Admin

Cash on hand: 15,750.00
Bank: 165.00

Re: Listen Up... It's Now Harder to Get a Visa for China!

Postby screwpull » Fri May 02, 2014 2:03 pm

Getting a Visa in UK to visit China is not too complicated and you certainly don't need to nbe paying any agents' fees if you can visit the Chinese Consulates which offer the service.

You need to get your bits in order and you can phone to speak to someone in the Visa section to check you've done it all correctly before you go there to submit your stuff.

The forms are easy to download and fill in using Acrobat's tools to fill the blanks.

Make sure you allow plenty of time well ahead of the published closing time because there's likely to be a long queue.
screwpull

Cash on hand: 310.00

Return to Visa and Immigration Issues