How Hard is it to Get a Finance Visa for an Asian Bride?

Want your new Asian partner to come live with you in your country? Here you can ask questions about visas and other issues.

How Hard is it to Get a Finance Visa for an Asian Bride?

Postby admin » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:31 am

OK so in this thread I'll attempt to answer common questions about getting a Visa for your prospective Asian bride so she can come live with you in your country.

I can't be too specific, as the laws will vary according to which country you're from. Also bear in mind that rules change constantly. And I'm not an immigration lawyer either.

However, I can give you some pointers as to what you need to focus on. These are namely: money, housing, language, age difference, genuine relationship.

Money

To get a finance or spouse visa you'll need money. The key point here is that you need to prove to the authorities that you can SUPPORT your prospective partner financially. In the UK this means "without recourse to public funds". By this they mean you'll need to support her without government benefits. If you've got a job or a private pension then you should be OK here.

Housing

You'll usually have to satisfy your immigration authorities that you have somewhere for your spouse to live. If you own your own home then this isn't likely to be a problem. In fact you're only likely to have issues if you live with someone else (i.e. live in your parent's house).

Language

Various countries have rules on whether spouses have to learn your country's official language. I know that the rules were changed in the UK which meant that Thai brides had to pass an English test before they settled in the UK.

Assuming your country's native language is English, then you'll probably only have issues if you have a Thai, Chinese or Vietnamese bride. Filipinas usually know enough English to pass a test.

Note that the test (as far as the UK is concerned) isn't particularly difficult. However, older women do sometimes have a harder time learning a new language.

One top tip here is that as soon as you've chosen your prospective bride, pay for her to have English lessons before she arrives in your country.

Age Difference and Genuine Relationship

Immigration authorities are on the lookout for "sham" weddings. Indeed, a few people in the UK have been jailed for this offense.

So be prepared to prove that your relationship is sincere. A good way to do this is to ensure you collect up plenty of photos of you together, plus keep any correspondence you might have (especially letters). Needless to say, you MUST have already met your prospective bride in person.

Age difference is an important factor. The bigger the age difference between you and your prospective bride, the more questions immigration authorities might ask. If you're in your 50's or 60's then you should be OK with a Thai/Filipina bride who is in her mid 30's or above. If you're 75 and your bride is 22 then be prepared for a lot more questioning :oops: . If you're in this situation, then you're probably better off living in Thailand or the Philippines.

So hopefully if you focus on these areas then you'll not have too many problems getting your Asian fiance into your own country. Good luck :D .
Find love at Asian Love Connections. Join today to find your special somebody.

:D :) ;) :( :o :? 8-) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :roll: :idea: :arrow:
admin
Site Admin

Cash on hand: 15,750.00
Bank: 165.00

Re: How Hard is it to Get a Finance Visa for an Asian Bride?

Postby Pat99 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:03 am

I met a lady from the Philippines we have chatted on yahoo for about 3 months. I have booked a flight for mid aug 2013. She has 1 son.I have made my mind up if we have chemistry is to get engaged while im there. I have 2 son age 19 and 15. the only problem i see is that early 2013 i was laid off for 16 weeks which puts me below income level for 5 people. I have excellent credit.I have around 20,000 in 401 k saved and 10,000 in savings. My oldest son has jut got a job part time while going to college. I also recieve about 3600.00 per year child support. Does this extra money 401k, child support,and saving help my case any? In 2012tax i worked all year and made around 32,000 . I figure by end of 2013 I will gross about 28,000. My current job i make about 34,000 per year. Stared in may.
Thanks look forward to your advice
Pat
Pat99

Cash on hand: 0.00

Re: How Hard is it to Get a Finance Visa for an Asian Bride?

Postby MrToast » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:27 am

I heard it takes 3-4 months to get a fiancé visa in a Western country these days. Is this true ?
MrToast

Cash on hand: 66.00

Return to Visa and Immigration Issues