Site Enhancements Coming Soon!!!

News relating to the Asian Love Connections dating site

Girlfriend-O-Matic

Postby admin » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:33 am

Asian Love Connections now has a Girlfriend-O-Matic:

http://www.asianloveconnections.com/Girlfriend-O-Matic.aspx

This tool may (or may not) help you to decide which country you want to find an Asian girlfriend from.

Hope you find it useful. If it's rubbish, don't keep it to yourself, register here and moan about it :lol: .
Find love at Asian Love Connections. Join today to find your special somebody.

:D :) ;) :( :o :? 8-) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :roll: :idea: :arrow:
admin
Site Admin

Cash on hand: 15,750.00
Bank: 165.00

Re: Site Enhancements Coming Soon!!!

Postby admin » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:40 am

ML writes...

Hi, I noticed when I was filling my profile that it allows Feet and Inches heights to 5'-9", then jumps to 6'-0", so people 5'-10" or 5'-11" have to approximate their height.

The weight thing is messed up too, it almost acts like a spreadsheet column that is set to date of the month format, when you are trying to enter a simple number. Computers! O What fun!

I did enjoy looking around the site, and all the fine ladies! I am looking forward to browsing when I have lots of free time to really look at all the lovelies!

ML

Hmm, just noticed that I should have added a few more measurements to the heights drop-down list. Can't believe nobody noticed that before!

I don't see there's a problem with the weight drop-down list though. I did the weight selector as a drop-down list because if it's just a free text field then people can enter all kinds of stuff. That subsequently makes it very hard to build any sort of search facility. For example on DateInAsia you can see that some ladies have entered their city as Bangkok and others as Bkk. So if you want to find all the lovely ladies who live in this Thai city, then you have to keep doing two searches! And I've picked an easy example. You don't want to know how many different spellings there are for somewhere like Ramkhamhaeng - especially since the Thai language has no official standard for translating Thai into English :lol: .

Anyway, thanks for the input ML, and enjoy your Asian dating experiences!

admin
Site Admin

Member Autoapproval and Some Cosmetic Tweaks...

Postby admin » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:36 am

Hi all,

I'm pleased to announce that the Asian Love Connections dating site will now automatically approve many new profiles on the site. This means you can sign up and start sendimg messages and interests to anyone you like the look of.

The system is still being tested, so if your profile wasn't approved right away, then don't panic. I manually approve new profiles, but being a manual process you'll need to wait for me to work through the backlog. I put a lot of effort into running this site, but I have to sleep sometimes :lol: .

Why not approve all profiles?

Sadly a minority of users upload all kinds of material to sites like Asian Love Connections, and if it wasn't moderated, then it would soon fill up with questionable and even illegal material :oops: . I owe it to my members, my advertisers and my hosting company to keep the site [reasonably] clean.

Dating site scammers are also a big problem. For this reason nobody from Africa is allowed to use the site - it's sad to block entire countries and indeed continents, but scammers have effectively destroyed the African online dating scene.

I've also updated many of the site's forms so that they have the new look and feel that was released to the site last Autumn. The new design makes the site more mobile friendly. 30% of our users are using iPads, iPhones and other mobile devices, and that figure is only going to grow over time. So I'll continue to make the site as mobile friendly as I can.

As always if you have any comments or suggestions then leave them here...

admin
Site Admin

Re: Site Enhancements Coming Soon!!!

Postby admin » Sun May 25, 2014 12:47 pm

Hi all,

I've had the decorators in and Asian Love Connections now has a bit of a cleaner design for the My Interests, My Matches and My Home pages.

The new design should look much better on smaller screens, so the site will be easier than ever to use on an iPad or even an iPhone.

As far as I'm aware Asian Love Connections is just about the only Asian dating site that actually bothers to update its template once in a while. Ladyboy Kisses looks like 2003 a website, Chnlove is still Chnlove, and even the Cupid sites like Chinese Love Links (sorry Chinese Cupid) don't look much different than they did in 2009.

P.S. If you notice any weirdness when using a particular web browser or device then let me know.

admin
Site Admin

New Feature... Find Out Who's HOT and Who's NEW

Postby admin » Sun May 25, 2014 3:20 pm

Another little enhancement to the Asian Love Connections site:

When you go to view your matches you'll now see badges on members' thumbnail photos to tell you if they're NEW or HOT.

New members are well worth seeking out on a dating site - after all they've just signed up in the home of meeting somebody. Strike while the iron is hot :lol: .

You can also see members who are popular. While we might not admit it, as human beings we're drawn to popular people. Women in particular love dudes who are popular with other women. Social proof and all that.

So don't hesitate to contact the more popular members of the site, but before you do so make sure your own profile is good, and that you send them a message, not just an interest.

Happy dating!

admin
Site Admin

New Feature: Top 10 Ladyboys

Postby admin » Mon May 26, 2014 7:41 am

Well the weather's been pretty terrible here this weekend, so I've rolled out another enhancement to Asian Love Connections.

I've now worked out how to implement a "top of the charts" type feature for the site. This will allow you to see the most popular members on the site based on their ranking this month and compared to the previous month.

Initially I've only implemented it for ladyboys, but when it's been tested more I'll roll it out to ladies and guys.

Check it out by visiting this page.

You might have to refresh the page a couple of times before you see the chart. It'll appear in the right hand menu (or further down the page if you're using a mobile phone/small tablet computer).

If you don't want to appear in such charts, go to the My Preferences page and set your profile to be less visible [the My profile visibility (anyone) option].

Edit: the ratings system is now working for ladies as well.

It's still raining, so more enhancements are in the pipeline...

admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Site News