My First Visit to Party City Pattaya, Thailand

Planning a trip to Asia? Have you already visited Asia? Post your trip reports here!

My First Visit to Party City Pattaya, Thailand

Postby admin » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:45 am

After living in Bangkok for a couple of months, I decided it was time for a road trip.

So I decided to take a trip to see what Pattaya has to offer.

Now I'm quite fortunate in that my Bangkok apartment is about 15 minutes walk from the Ekamai bus terminal that you can catch the bus to Pattaya from.

If you're not as fortunate, well the bus terminal is actually right next to Ekamai BTS station. There are actually other places to catch a bus to Pattaya (like from the airport), but if you're already in Bangkok then Ekamai is geographically closest, so you'll avoid the worst of the traffic on Sukhumvit.

At the bus terminal I had a bit of trouble in that the first Pattaya counter I went to was not actually the right bus. But fortunately I spotted the Roong Reuang counter in the nick of time so I avoided getting what I guess was the slow bus to Pattaya :oops: !

Well anyway the Roong Reuang express bus to Pattaya is very cheap (124 baht) and reasonably fast (2 hours). For the best journeys, try to travel on weekday afternoons when the traffic is least bad.

So I got to Pattaya bus depot, which is quite a way out of town. This being low season, I had to wait forever for one of those Jeepney type things they have (strangely no tuk-tuks in Pattaya) :o .

Still the delay meant I got to Beach Road just as the sun was setting, and I had a rather emotional reunion with the sea. It's the first beach I set foot on for 6 months, which is a long time for a guy who grew up by the sea.

While looking for vantage points to photograph the sunset I got hustled (hassled?) by some rough looking ladies :o .

Beach Road is full of freelancers, although long time Pattaya visitors will tell you that there aren't nearly so many freelancers about these days. I guess that's due to the booming economy, the police or simply the fact that so many guys use the Internet to meet girls these days.

Beach Road leads to Walking Street, the nightlife heart of Pattaya.

Where does the term Walking Street come from? It's also used extensively in China, yet it's not a term we English ever use.

Well this was my first visit to Pattaya and it was totally overwhelming really. As someone who has walked through the tiny Soi Cowboy, the vastness of Pattaya is something else altogether. It's like the entire city is just one big bar.

There are loads of different bars: gogo bars, beer bars, bars where you can play pool with bikini babes, ladyboy bars, bars with revolving bars, bars where Arabs go to listen to unfeasibly loud music and bars full of Russian girls who are no doubt all available on Russian Cupid.

Never again am I going to ask anyone for advice on whether I should take my umbrella. Later in the evening a thunderstorm appeared. Pattaya was lashed with rain and there was a lot of lightning out beyond the bay.

I dashed inside a McDonalds on beach road. There I had my first ever post-midnight Double Cheeseburger. Which incidentally was the best for a very long time.

Well that was a spectacular place to people watch, and also watch the lightning silhouetted against the palm trees.

I'm a bit hazy as to what happened where but at one stage I ended up stranded and umbrella-less in a half-deserted street (it being a Thai public holiday).

Eventually, I gave up and went back to the condo I was staying in.

There are some terrific condos in Pattaya. It's no wonder so many of my fellow countrymen from the UK are retiring there. On the downside if you buy then you have to live in one place, whereas I'm renting places monthly and can live anywhere I choose.

The next day I hit the town after lunch and walked along the beach. I wanted to see bikini babes, but was sorely disappointed. In fact the Pattaya beach is pretty rubbish, well it is if you're used to the glorious beaches in Devon and Cornwall back in my native England.

Pattaya is pretty drab during the day, but when the sun goes down it wakes up.

In one bar two groups of tourists caught my attention. One group of Europeans were pushing things to the limits in terms of girl fondling and one even did some pole dancing on one of the tables. Could you imagine this happening in no-touch policy Vegas?

There was also a group of big spending Asians - either Japanese or Koreans. Many drinks were bought, and when the girl came round to sell the ping pong balls [customers can throw them and the girls get some money according to how many they catch] these guys bought the whole lot. Also they were having fun inserting 100 baht notes into various places money would fit on a nude girl.

As to the girls, they mostly seemed quite tall, but it may just be the angles and looking up at them, plus their tall shoes.

I saw a few guys checking their Facebooks in the bar and finding out what boring stuff the folk at home were up to. Well being in a Pattaya bar is better than 99% of anything, so get out of your houses and/or countries guys and go do something seriously fun.

Then I walked up and down Walking Street in the rain and I got totally overwhelmed and didn't know where to go next. At one point I found himself with a tall bondage gear clad ladyboy attached to my arm. All human life is in Pattaya.

By now the rain was coming down quite heavily and only Chinese tourists wear those all over plastic raincoats! So I ignored all the umbrella sellers and walked around totally drenched.

Eventually my confusion subsided and we found ourself in another bar, this time one off the main tourist drag of Walking Street.

As a result this one felt a lot more relaxed.

We were ushered to our seats. I've since discovered there's a secret code in this bar - "poor" punters are sent to the left, "rich" to the right. The bar staff are looking for older single guys or groups of high spending Asians.

Well there were plenty of nice girls in this bar. Again, drink prices were very reasonable, and there were plenty of nice girls to meet.

Eventually I spotted HER - a girl who had just returned to dance. I ushered her over, bought her a drink and enjoyed her company.

She was 24, soft and smooth and now I'm trawling Thai Love Links for her exact replica.

I kind of wished I'd offered to take here out, but then I'd fallen in love with her and there are 10,000 stories on Stickman Bangkok as to why it's NOT a good idea to marry a bar girl.

The next day I went back home. I did something new for my life's bucket list - went on the back of a motorcycle taxi. Pretty good, but not nearly as hair raising as travelling through Guangzhou on the back of my friend's performance-tuned electric bicycle.

Anyway, to summarise:

• Pattaya is an awesome place to retire to if you like young girls, beer, sunshine and live music.
  • If you're coming to Bangkok, then plan on spending at least a couple of nights in Pattaya. It's just two hours away by air conditioned coach, and Pattaya hotels are dirt cheap.
  • There are better beaches in Thailand, but not better nightlife.
  • Pattaya is a great place to come if you're interested in finding an Asian wife and you just want to get a feel (literally) of what Asian women are like. HOWEVER, Pattaya is NOT such a good place to find a wife. You fall in love in Pattaya, you lose. It is a GREAT place to find a girlfriend though!
Find love at Asian Love Connections. Join today to find your special somebody.

:D :) ;) :( :o :? 8-) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :roll: :idea: :arrow:
admin
Site Admin

Cash on hand: 15,750.00
Bank: 165.00

Pattaya Photos

Postby admin » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:31 am

I arrived in Pattaya just to see the sun go down over the sea and the iconic sign:

Torquay also has palm trees, but Pattaya is a heck of a lot warmer:

Walking Street:

More Walking Street:

Plenty of Gogo bars in this part of Walking Street.

Torrential rain on both nights of my Pattaya visit:

Thankfully the driving rain didn't dampen my fun experience of Pattaya too much:

The beach at Pattaya is somewhat smaller than I'd imagined. Also the sea gets deep really quickly, so watch out...

If you're in Thailand, remember to try some fried insects. I can recommend the crickets, they're really tasty. Not so sure about the scorpions or deep fried frogs though:

The beach in the cold light of day. Other parts of Thailand have much better beaches, but NOWHERE has better nightlife:

Tourists wait for the bus back to Bangkok:

They will be back!

admin
Site Admin

My Second Visit to Party City Pattaya, Thailand

Postby admin » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:49 am

Some more photos from my second weekender in Pattaya, Thailand.

This is a great place to party, and also a great place for dudes to find Asian girlfriends. I guess it's also possible to meet your future wife there, but be careful if you go down that route :roll: .

Pattaya is really geared towards the foreign tourist or expat. Here's an English pub:

So if you dread eating Pad Thai or anything with rice in in, then you can still get your roast beef and yorkshire pudding :o . Not sure Thailand has the kind of climate for this kind of food though!

I found this pub on Soi 7, which is also home to a large number of open air bars:

Don't worry - it NEVER gets cold here, and it's fine to sit out until the early hours.

More clues as to what you can find in Soi 7...

It's a little scary to walk down here at night, given the number of sexy girls who will try to drag you into the nearest bar :o !

Once the sun goes down, everyone moves from the beach to the bars and clubs...

Just one of the many, many gogo bars in Pattaya:

I saw some impressive Muay Thai boxing displays in some of the bars that had boxing rings in them. It wasn't just the guys fighting.

These two gogo dancers had obviously had some sort of disagreement and were sizing each other up while tottering around in 6 inch platform heels:

You can take the girl out of Issan and all that...

A lot of Middle Eastern guys come to Pattaya to do the partying that would be forbidden back home. Arab bars tend to be places to sit around and chill while smoking hubba bubba pipes. Also they have the loudest music I have ever heard in a bar.

This bar had a beautiful pink theme, and was largely staffed by buxom ladyboys:

Many tens of thousands of ordinary Thai people make a living from the tourist dollar, euro and yen. Here's a demin stall with hotpants in small, x small and xx small sizes:

Fallen in love with a beautiful Thai bar girl? Then why not buy her a plushie:

:lol:

admin
Site Admin

Re: My First Visit to Party City Pattaya, Thailand

Postby admin » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:28 am

Here are a couple more photos of Pattaya. If you've never been here, then you simply haven't lived.

What guys are usually interested in - Pattaya a Go Go:

Although the city authorities are trying to sell the beach resort side of things:

The day I was there, some foreigners died after a ferry sank. I'd say Thailand has a lot to do to improve standards for foreigners, especially those who are on family vacations.

Maybe you're better off in a bar drinking beer :x .

admin
Site Admin

Return to Trip Reports