Dating in China

Here we chat about Asian dating in general

Dating in China

Postby Felix » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:05 am

Here's a PM I got about dating in China. It might be useful for anyone else who is thinking about going to China to meet girls...

Hi, Felix

I noticed one of your posts about how you did with the ladies in China during some time there, and I wondered if I could ask you some questions? (By the way, great website, "Happier Back Home"! I read several articles and loved it). I've spent time in SE Asian and related to much of what you said about mosquitoes, other pests, pollution and litter.

I wondered, is it easy to approach the average Chinese girl? Are they at least polite even if they are not interested or don't speak any English? Did you meet most online or offline, social circle, or...?

Thanks in advance for any insight you might share.

Cheers,

Traveler

OK, this is what I found...

I lived in China a few months last year. I found it was easier to find a girlfriend in China than it was in Thailand. Odd because many people claim it's the other way round [obviously I'm leaving bar girls out of the equation here].

I mostly used dating sites to meet girls. Chinese Love Links is great, but there are also good quality ladies on China Love Match. If you're a young dude then do what I did and sign up for a Chinese language course at a Chinese University - you'll be very popular! One girl I knew cooked for me - a very good sign :lol: .

I did start to meet girls in my social circle, but it takes a long time to establish these. Plus a girl you've friendzoned from Chinese Love Links or elsewhere won't introduce her to her friends if she has an interest in you for herself.

One of my lady friends did take me to a dating party (i.e. singles night). There are lots of these in China but you'll need a local to take you to one.

Some girls did approach me in the street - you could play this to your advantage if you turn up somewhere looking lost and wait for cute girls to help you out!

The biggest problem I had was just living in China - it's pretty tough given the often poor quality food ingredients, overpopulation and extreme weather! And it's a pain in the ass (and expensive) to get a long term visa. In the end I went off to enjoy the good life in Thailand :roll: .

Good luck!
Is it worth going to live in a foreign country? Maybe you'd just be HappierBackHome!
Felix

Cash on hand: 3,757.00
Bank: 3,528.00

Re: Dating in China

Postby BarryLindon » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:39 am

Thanks for sharing your experience. I would love to check out China.
BarryLindon

Cash on hand: 243.00

Postby frankyg » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:18 am

Hi Felix, Very informative article. I have never dated a Chinese girl but I have had many send me messages through various asian dating sites.
Most of my dating experience has been in Thailand and more recently Philippines which I have to say has been the best overall.
Thanks for sharing your experience. frankyg
frankyg

Cash on hand: 301.00

Postby kano_in_asia » Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:24 am

I posted some comments about [mainland] Chinese women - my opinion is NOT favorable! Proceed with great caution! As the old saying goes, you can not judge a book by its cover, no matter how appealing the cover might be.

Another option - besides Chinese women - which I have not seen mentioned here, is Korean women!

They are very similar in physical appearance but with some key differences in behavior and expectations.

I'd say that Korean women, compared to Chinese women are;

- less materialistic

- more accepting of the West - Korea has had more exposure to Americans - thanks to the Korean War and American military presence. And they have been shifting to Western patterns since the 1960's whereas [mainland] China only started in the mid 1980's. Moreover there has been longer and un-censored access to Western culture.

- more adventurous in the bedroom

- less likely to be close-minded. A good many Chinese kids are brought-up by their grand-parents [with 18th century thinking], whereas in Korea more kids are brought up by their parents

- more contemporary, as most Koreans grow up in a city

- less tolerant of Korean men! A good many Korean men are harshly conservative, dominating, and un-romantic.

Living in Korea is another matter! People are xenophobic, and the weather is extreme.
kano_in_asia

Cash on hand: 1,979.00

Postby kingceltik » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:22 am

thank you.. i will check this out.
kingceltik

Cash on hand: 540.00

Postby Gladimeir15 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:57 pm

I agree with you frankyg, Filipina women are really good to be with, they're fun to be with and knows how to get along.
Gladimeir15

Cash on hand: 4,318.00

Postby jacquelinemeng » Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:10 am

Folks, I must say, Chinese, Filipina or Korean, they all have the same thing in common. They are Asian women which are famous in the world as the best companion, friend and wife ever. If you’re into online dating and looking for someone who has these traits, do not miss an online dating Hong Kong app called Date Tix. It would surely be of great help.
jacquelinemeng

Cash on hand: 858.00

Postby Saintest » Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:36 am

Thanks for the opportunity
Click here
Saintest

Cash on hand: 254.00

Return to Asian Dating Forum