Site Scams and Site Member Scams

Worried you're talking to a scammer? Discuss romance scams here

Site Scams and Site Member Scams

Postby admin » Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:05 am

There are two types of dating site scam:

• Scammy dating sites
  • Scammy members of dating sites

Before you use a dating site, do a bit of googling to check its reputation. If you can't find much, then beware.

Also check my list of legit Asian dating sites - these are sites that are genuine and won't steal your membership fee.

I've personally been a member of Chinese Love Links, Thai Love Links, Japan Cupid and DateInAsia. I've actually met ladies from all of these sites except for DateInAsia, which continues to disappoint.

Some fake dating sites exist to steal your credit card. But these tend to pop up and are shut down quite quickly. Again, google a site and if you can't find much about it, then be careful.

Fake sites used to be very common in the Russian mail order brides market, but I don't know many Western guys who want Russian brides these days, the scams have just ruined that opportunity.

More of a problem than the fake sites are EXPENSIVE SITES.

Generally speaking you should avoid any site that charges you each time you chat to a lady either by email or video. The costs will stack up, bro! I spent around $400 on Chnlove, when I could have got a year's membership of Chinese Love Links for less than 200 bucks :oops: .

How many women do you need to chat to in order to find a good woman?

Based on my experience 15% of Asian women I've met are marriage material. And that's women I've actually met. If you added up all the number of Thai, Japanese and Chinese girls I've chatted to on dating sites over the years then my bill on one of these pay per chat sites would be astronomical.

Scammers

Scammers can be found on any dating site, so just be wary of them :oops: .

Scammers are quite rare in Japan or China. If there are scammers on these sites, then 9 times out of 10 the women you're chatting to won't be Chinese or Japanese anyway.

Scammers are legion on sites containing Thai or Filipino women. Also ladyboys. It's just the nature of the beast. A country girl can come to Bangkok and earn 45 baht* an hour in Subway as a sandwich artist, or she can earn $1000+ a month by chatting to a few USA dudes and getting them to each send her a retainer of $200 a month.

So don't get into the habit of sending money to girls you meet in dating sites. More often than not, while they're promising you the earth, while you're asleep 12 time zones away they're meeting dudes like me who actually live in Bangkok (and there are many of us Western guys here) :shock: .

You'll need to be on your guard on all dating sites. But sensible precautions can go a long way to staying out of trouble. Here's a whole forum sub-section devoted to the common ploys scammers use on Asian dating sites :twisted: .

*45 Thai baht will almost buy two 330ml cans of beer here in Bangkok.
Find love at Asian Love Connections. Join today to find your special somebody.

:D :) ;) :( :o :? 8-) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :roll: :idea: :arrow:
admin
Site Admin

Cash on hand: 15,750.00
Bank: 165.00

Reverse-Foreign Bride Scam

Postby admin » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:10 am

While we usually hear of foreign women cheating Western men in dating scams, here's the opposite situation:

http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2013/08/26/paying-an-expensive-gift-fee/

The Pattaya Daily News reports the sad story of a Thai woman who lost almost 20,000 Thai baht (around $630) to a guy who said he lived in the UK.

Sadly this story is all too common. Asian women are way too trusting of strangers, and I know that Chinese Love Links is being worked by criminal gangs looking for easy victims.

It's particularly sad to see a Thai women being scammed. Thailand is a very poor country, and 20,000 baht is more than two months salary for the average Thai :cry: .
Find love at Asian Love Connections. Join today to find your special somebody.

:D :) ;) :( :o :? 8-) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :roll: :idea: :arrow:
admin
Site Admin

Cash on hand: 15,750.00
Bank: 165.00

Return to Scams and Scammers